NBC Cuts 'Chase' Order
Exclu: All those NBC shows with full season pickups step forward -- not so fast, Chase.
NBC has reduced the order of Jerry Bruckheimer's action drama from 22 episodes to 18.
The Warner Bros-produced series is currently slated for a midseason run starting Jan. 12, moving from Mondays at 10 p.m. to Wednesdays at 9 p.m. (where it will be introduced to the joy of competing against two-hour American Idol performance shows).
Most industry analysts found NBC's full-season pickup announcement for the show back in October to be unexpected. Chase has struggled in the ratings, with the most recent episode delivering 6 million viewers and a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating.
(To be fair, some in the industry still consider 18 a "full season" order ... but it's more like having three-quarters of a tank of gas rather than having the needle firmly on the "F").
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack