NBC Cuts 'Chase' Order
Exclu: All those NBC shows with full season pickups step forward -- not so fast, Chase.
NBC has reduced the order of Jerry Bruckheimer's action drama from 22 episodes to 18.
The Warner Bros-produced series is currently slated for a midseason run starting Jan. 12, moving from Mondays at 10 p.m. to Wednesdays at 9 p.m. (where it will be introduced to the joy of competing against two-hour American Idol performance shows).
Most industry analysts found NBC's full-season pickup announcement for the show back in October to be unexpected. Chase has struggled in the ratings, with the most recent episode delivering 6 million viewers and a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating.
(To be fair, some in the industry still consider 18 a "full season" order ... but it's more like having three-quarters of a tank of gas rather than having the needle firmly on the "F").
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot in TV
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!