NBC Cuts 'Chase' Order
Exclu: All those NBC shows with full season pickups step forward -- not so fast, Chase.
NBC has reduced the order of Jerry Bruckheimer's action drama from 22 episodes to 18.
The Warner Bros-produced series is currently slated for a midseason run starting Jan. 12, moving from Mondays at 10 p.m. to Wednesdays at 9 p.m. (where it will be introduced to the joy of competing against two-hour American Idol performance shows).
Most industry analysts found NBC's full-season pickup announcement for the show back in October to be unexpected. Chase has struggled in the ratings, with the most recent episode delivering 6 million viewers and a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating.
(To be fair, some in the industry still consider 18 a "full season" order ... but it's more like having three-quarters of a tank of gas rather than having the needle firmly on the "F").
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet