EXCLUSIVE: NBC Reality Pitch Plays 'Catch'
Exclu: NBC is working on a game show where contestants play catch. (Really!)
The network has ordered a pilot from American Idol producers FremantleMedia North America titled, simply, The Catch.
Though details are scarce as the format is still being developed, the show basically takes the game of catch and expands it to extremes -- doing for the backyard ball toss what ABC's Wipeout did for obstacle courses.
For instance: Having to catch a balls dropped from a helicopter into a mud pit (presumably, the balls are not heavy).
If greenlighted, The Catch will join NBC's other new summer reality show, Love in the Wild, which combines elements from Survivor and The Bachelor to have singles in the jungle competing for prizes and dates.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR