EXCLUSIVE: NBC Reality Pitch Plays 'Catch'
Exclu: NBC is working on a game show where contestants play catch. (Really!)
The network has ordered a pilot from American Idol producers FremantleMedia North America titled, simply, The Catch.
Though details are scarce as the format is still being developed, the show basically takes the game of catch and expands it to extremes -- doing for the backyard ball toss what ABC's Wipeout did for obstacle courses.
For instance: Having to catch a balls dropped from a helicopter into a mud pit (presumably, the balls are not heavy).
If greenlighted, The Catch will join NBC's other new summer reality show, Love in the Wild, which combines elements from Survivor and The Bachelor to have singles in the jungle competing for prizes and dates.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game