EXCLUSIVE: NBC Reality Pitch Plays 'Catch'
Exclu: NBC is working on a game show where contestants play catch. (Really!)
The network has ordered a pilot from American Idol producers FremantleMedia North America titled, simply, The Catch.
Though details are scarce as the format is still being developed, the show basically takes the game of catch and expands it to extremes -- doing for the backyard ball toss what ABC's Wipeout did for obstacle courses.
For instance: Having to catch a balls dropped from a helicopter into a mud pit (presumably, the balls are not heavy).
If greenlighted, The Catch will join NBC's other new summer reality show, Love in the Wild, which combines elements from Survivor and The Bachelor to have singles in the jungle competing for prizes and dates.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio Hangs Out Shirtless with Girlfriend Toni Garrn for Relaxing Yacht Afternoon
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Makes Her 'Honorable Woman' Screening a Date Night with Peter Sarsgaard!
- Nicki Minaj's Totally Bare Butt is On Full Display in 'Anaconda' Cover Art!
- Even Leighton Meester Uses Uber to Get Around New York City!