NBC’s 'The Cape' Continues to Shed Viewers, Down 38% Since Premiere
Fox wins quiet Monday with originals of 'House,' 'Lie to Me'
Fox prevailed on a quiet Monday with original episodes of House and Lie to Me.
House (3.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.4 million viewers overall) was up 6% from last week while Lie to Me (2.5, 7.6 million) scored its highest demo rating in over a year (since November 2009).
CBS’ powerhouse line-up of Monday comedies and Hawaii Five-O were in reruns (the net aired a new episodes of Hawaii Five-O after Sunday night’s AFC playoff matchup). That undoubtedly helped ABC to a second-place finish for the night.
The Bachelor (2.8, 9.2 million) was second in the 8 p.m. time slot behind Fox’s House, while the ABC reality staple won the 9 p.m. hour (2.9, 9.1 million) edging out CBS repeats of Two and A Half Men (3.0, 11 million) and Mike & Molly (2.6, 9.5 million).
Meanwhile, NBC’s superhero drama The Cape (1.6, 5.8 million) continues to shed viewers. It was down 11 percent week-to-week for a fourth place finish at 9 p.m. and has dropped nearly 40 percent in the demo since its premiere three weeks ago.
The news at 10 p.m. was a little better for NBC. New Kathy Bates drama Harry’s Law was only down 5 percent from last week’s premiere, averaging a 2.1 rating with 10.3 million viewers for a second place finish at 10 p.m. behind ABC’s Castle (2.4, 9.0 million).
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum