NBC Scores With Postponed Eagles-Vikings Game
Football dominated a night of mostly repeats Tuesday, easily giving NBC the win in primetime.
The NFL preshow and matchup between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Minnesota Vikings -- which was originally scheduled for Sunday but got postponed because of the East Coast blizzard -- averaged a 7.3 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic and 21.5 million total viewers (those numbers are approximate because of the live nature of sports). The game marked the NFL's first to be played on a Tuesday since 1946.
Elsewhere, the night was full of mostly repeats with the exception of CBS' coverage of the 33rd annual Kennedy Center Honors (1.5, 9.5 million), down 6% from a year ago. CBS, which also had a repeat of NCIS (2.0, 10.6 million), ranked second on the night.
Fox, which came in at No. 3, aired back-to-back repeats of Glee at 8 p.m. (1.3, 4.1 million) and 9 p.m. (1.4, 4 million).
No. 4 finisher ABC had classic holiday special Rudolph's Shiny New Year (1.2, 4 million), down 8% from a year ago, along with repeats of No Ordinary Family (0.9, 3.4 million) and Detroit 1-8-7 (0.8, 3.5 million).
CW aired repeats of One Tree Hill (0.4, 933,000) and Life Unexpected (0.3, 695,000).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR