NBC scores record 'Sunday Night Football' opener
Another NFL game, another record for NBC.
Last night's "Sunday Night Football" had the best opening overnight rating for any Sunday or Monday primetime game in 13 years.
The Cowboys vs. Redskins game was up 24% from last year's opener, drawing 16.6 HH rating.
The numbers suggest last week's similarly titanic season kickoff may not have been a one-time fluke. The two-game average of Thursday and Sunday's game (17.1) is the highest since the start of the scheduling format in 2002.
Also Sunday: CBS "Big Brother" (6.7 million viewers, 2.1 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) was down 13% against the increased competition and hit a Sunday low. ABC's "The Gates" (2.1 million, 0.7) was low.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)