NBC scores record 'Sunday Night Football' opener
Another NFL game, another record for NBC.
Last night's "Sunday Night Football" had the best opening overnight rating for any Sunday or Monday primetime game in 13 years.
The Cowboys vs. Redskins game was up 24% from last year's opener, drawing 16.6 HH rating.
The numbers suggest last week's similarly titanic season kickoff may not have been a one-time fluke. The two-game average of Thursday and Sunday's game (17.1) is the highest since the start of the scheduling format in 2002.
Also Sunday: CBS "Big Brother" (6.7 million viewers, 2.1 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) was down 13% against the increased competition and hit a Sunday low. ABC's "The Gates" (2.1 million, 0.7) was low.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game