NBC scores record 'Sunday Night Football' opener
Another NFL game, another record for NBC.
Last night's "Sunday Night Football" had the best opening overnight rating for any Sunday or Monday primetime game in 13 years.
The Cowboys vs. Redskins game was up 24% from last year's opener, drawing 16.6 HH rating.
The numbers suggest last week's similarly titanic season kickoff may not have been a one-time fluke. The two-game average of Thursday and Sunday's game (17.1) is the highest since the start of the scheduling format in 2002.
Also Sunday: CBS "Big Brother" (6.7 million viewers, 2.1 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) was down 13% against the increased competition and hit a Sunday low. ABC's "The Gates" (2.1 million, 0.7) was low.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues