NBC Snags Drama From 'Lone Star' Creator
NBC picked up four pilots, including a drama from Lone Star creator Kyle Killen.
REM, an hourlong project from Killen, is described as a procedural hybrid that centers on the simultaneous and parallel lives of a detective who can't let go of any aspect of his fractured family after a car accident. Killen wrote and will executive produce for 20th TV. Killen created the short-lived (and complicated) Fox soap Lone Star that debuted to abysmal numbers (4.1 million) in September of last year.
Multicamera comedy Lovelives, penned by Chris Sheridan (Family Guy), is about two couples and their challenges of life and infidelity. Chernin Entertainment's Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope executive produce with Sheridan for 20th TV.
NBC ordered a cast-contingent pilot of romantic comedy Free Agents written by John Enbom with Emmy winner Todd Holland directing. Based on the U.K. format, the single-camera sitcom will look at the attraction between two quirky co-workers who are on the rebound, one from a divorce and the other after losing a fiance. Karey Burke and Kenton Allen executive produce with Enbom and Holland. Universal Media Studios, Dark Toy and Big Talk Productions are behind it.
Dan Goor (Parks and Recreation) wrote an untitled comedy about a young doctor who joins his parents' medical practice and spends time tending to his family as patients. BermanBraun's Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun will executive produce with Goor.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress