NBC Snags Drama From 'Lone Star' Creator
NBC picked up four pilots, including a drama from Lone Star creator Kyle Killen.
REM, an hourlong project from Killen, is described as a procedural hybrid that centers on the simultaneous and parallel lives of a detective who can't let go of any aspect of his fractured family after a car accident. Killen wrote and will executive produce for 20th TV. Killen created the short-lived (and complicated) Fox soap Lone Star that debuted to abysmal numbers (4.1 million) in September of last year.
Multicamera comedy Lovelives, penned by Chris Sheridan (Family Guy), is about two couples and their challenges of life and infidelity. Chernin Entertainment's Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope executive produce with Sheridan for 20th TV.
NBC ordered a cast-contingent pilot of romantic comedy Free Agents written by John Enbom with Emmy winner Todd Holland directing. Based on the U.K. format, the single-camera sitcom will look at the attraction between two quirky co-workers who are on the rebound, one from a divorce and the other after losing a fiance. Karey Burke and Kenton Allen executive produce with Enbom and Holland. Universal Media Studios, Dark Toy and Big Talk Productions are behind it.
Dan Goor (Parks and Recreation) wrote an untitled comedy about a young doctor who joins his parents' medical practice and spends time tending to his family as patients. BermanBraun's Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun will executive produce with Goor.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack