NBC's 'Sunday Night Football' dominates
NBC's Sunday Night Football dominated last night in the ratings, while CBS had blurry numbers thanks to overrun from sports programming.
With numbers potentially boosted by the NFL's tackling excessive violence on the field this season, the Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers game easily dominated the night. The game drew at least 18 million viewers and an 8.2 adults 18-49 rating. The 12.3 overnight number for this game is the biggest since NBC's season-opening Cowboys-Redskins on Sept. 12.
Football coverage on CBS in early prime pushed the start times for Amazing Race (12.3 million, 3.3), Undercover Boss (11.5 million, 3.4) and CSI: Miami (10.7 million, 2.8).
ABC's lineup was unintererrupted, at least, and flat with last week: Extreme Makeover (9.1 million, 2.4), Desperate Housewives (12.2 million, 3.9) and Brothers & Sisters (8.4 million, 2.6).
Fox aired repeats.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!