NBC's 'Sunday Night Football' dominates
NBC's Sunday Night Football dominated last night in the ratings, while CBS had blurry numbers thanks to overrun from sports programming.
With numbers potentially boosted by the NFL's tackling excessive violence on the field this season, the Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers game easily dominated the night. The game drew at least 18 million viewers and an 8.2 adults 18-49 rating. The 12.3 overnight number for this game is the biggest since NBC's season-opening Cowboys-Redskins on Sept. 12.
Football coverage on CBS in early prime pushed the start times for Amazing Race (12.3 million, 3.3), Undercover Boss (11.5 million, 3.4) and CSI: Miami (10.7 million, 2.8).
ABC's lineup was unintererrupted, at least, and flat with last week: Extreme Makeover (9.1 million, 2.4), Desperate Housewives (12.2 million, 3.9) and Brothers & Sisters (8.4 million, 2.6).
Fox aired repeats.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR