Neil Patrick Harris to Host Spike's Vid Game Awards
Spike TV has landed Neil Patrick Harris as host of its annual Video Game Awards.
Harris should bring some added attention and viewers to the event, which awards outstanding achievements in the video game industry yet has generally delivered modest rating. The gig will be added to his long list of hosting appearances, which include emceeing the Emmys, Tonys and the TV Land Awards.
Neil is a big gamer and a brilliant host,” said Casey Patterson, executive producer. "Video games are taking over the world and Neil is perfect to lead the ‘VGA’s’ in celebrating the best of the year and the future of gaming.”
The awards are telecast Saturday, Dec. 11 at 8 p.m. and will include appearances by Chris Hemsworth, Dane Cook, Olivia Munn, Denise Richards, Guillermo Del Toro, Nathan Fillion, Nick Swardson, Tony Hawk and cast members from the series It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
Also My Chemical Romance (which is doing the soundtrack for Gran Turismo 5) will perform.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills