Official: Ashley Judd to Star in ABC's 'Missing'
Ashley Judd has closed a deal to star in the new ABC series, Missing.
After circling the project, Missing marks the actress’ first foray into television as a series regular.
Judd will topline the drama, which was originally greenlit with a 10-episode order for a summer launch, but will now most likely be set for the fall.
The project, from Greg Poirier (National Book of Treasures: Book of Secrets), centers on a worried mom Rebecca (Judd) who travels to Europe to find her son, who has disappeared in Italy while on a summer internship. It soon becomes clear that this isn't any ordinary woman, but a former CIA agent who will stop at nothing to bring her son home alive.
Gina Matthews, Grant Scharbo and Steve Shill (Dexter) will serve as executive producers. Shill also will direct. Missing comes from ABC Studios and Little Engine Prods.
Judd can next be seen in Dolphin Tale, and has guest starred in the 1990s TV series Sisters.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum