It's Official: 'Dexter' Gets Renewed for Sixth Season
“This is the easiest decision I’ve made since I got to Showtime,” entertainment president David Nevins says.
Dexter has been renewed for a sixth season, Showtime confirmed Monday.
The Hollywood Reporter first revealed last week that the network was about to pick up the show again after it earned its second-highest ratings ever on Nov. 28, delivering 2.5 million viewers, up 43% from the fifth season premiere.
“Dexter is the best suspense drama on television,” said David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks. “To grow its audience so significantly in its fifth season is an enormous accomplishment by this amazing cast and crew. This is the easiest decision I’ve made since I got to Showtime.”
Season six of the Michael C. Hall starrer, which received seven Emmy nods this year, goes into production next spring in L.A.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead