It's official: Paul Lee is ABC's new president
ABC officially just announced that ABC Family chief Paul Lee has been named president, ABC Entertainment Group.
Like former ABC entertainment chief Steve McPherson, Lee will have oversight of both the network and studio.
"Paul was hired six years ago because of his great creative instincts and his ability to identify an audience and develop programming that resonates with them, and those same strengths are why he was tapped for this new responsibility," said Disney-ABC TV Group president Anne Sweeney. "Paul’s success at ABC Family is as amazing as it is indisputable, and I’m looking forward to his continued success on ABC."
Said Lee: "I’m proud of everything we achieved at ABC Family, and I’m looking forward to working with another great team at ABC Entertainment Group to bring even more compelling stories to viewers. ABC is a great network defined by creativity and known for delivering some of the best shows on television. I’m excited to be part of it, and deeply honored to be chosen for the unique opportunity to lead the network and the brand into the future."
Sources say Lee will take the Television Critics Association press tour stage solo for the network's executive sessions, and it's safe to assume he will not take questions about McPherson.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot in TV
- Aretha Franklin On New Covers Album: 'I Don't Think I Have Ever Been As Excited As I Am Now'
- This First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown' Is Everything
- Rosamund Pike Dishes On Her 'Gone Girl' Sex Scene With Neil Patrick Harris
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Looks Like A Total Brain Pleaser
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus Fly Into LA Ahead of Season 5!
- Lena Dunham Opens Up About a College Date Rape Experience
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Inspiring & Philosophical with the Texas Longhorns Football Team - Watch Now!
- Hugh Jackman Joins #FeelingNuts Campaign & Grabs Himself for Testicular Cancer