Oprah to Reveal Big ‘Family Secret’ Monday
3:07 PM PST 1/21/2011 by THR staff
"I was given some news that literally shook me to my core,” she mysteriously tells viewers.
Oprah Winfrey will be giving her daytime talk show fans something to talk about.She is staging a family reunion on The Oprah Winfrey Show Monday -- and she plans to reveal something she's recently learned that only a few people close to her know. "I thought I'd seen it all. But this, my friends, is the miracle of all miracles," she says in a new promo clip. "I was given some news that literally shook me to my core. This time, I'm the one being reunited. I was keeping a family secret for months, and on Monday you're going to hear it straight from me." Her production company, Harpo, declined to provide further details Friday. Winfrey was born to unwed teens and was raised at various times by her grandmother, mother and father and stepmother in Mississippi, Wisconsin and Tennessee. She got pregnant at age 14, but her baby died a short time later. Earlier this week on Piers Morgan’s CNN show, she said she wouldn’t be where she is today if she had had the baby.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV