Oprah Winfrey Earns Best Ratings in Nearly Three Years
The talk-show host, who will step down to launch her OWN network, has faced stiff competition from Judge Judy.
Oprah Winfrey has Michael Jackson to thank for one of her highest-rated weeks in three years.
Her interview with the King of Pop's kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket -- the first time they've opened up -- scored a 6.7 rating when it aired the week of Nov. 7 to Nov. 14.
Her chats with Marie Osmond about her son, who committed suicide, former President George W. Bush, and her onetime talk-show rivals delivered a solid 6.1 rating for that week, averaging 8.3 million viewers -- putting her behind only Wheel of Fortune (11.9 million, 7.5) on the syndicated charts.
Judge Judy beat The Oprah Winfrey Show in the ratings earlier this year, averaging 6.5 million viewers -- 600,000 more than Oprah.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR