Oxygen Media Greenlights Reality Tattoo Show 'Best Ink'
The net also renews Hair Battle Spectacular for a second season.
Oxygen Media has given a greenlight to Best Ink, a reality show that pits 12 tattoo artists against each other for "a cash prize and bragging rights."
The artists will give tattoos to real people in a variety of challenges.
The network has also renewed Hair Battle Spectacular for a second season after it became the most-watched freshman series in the network's history. Stylists compete against each other for a $100,000 prize on the show.
“Many of our viewers choose to express themselves through the ever-growing phenomenon of body art," said Amy Introcaso-Davis, svp of original programming and development in a statement. "We hope to capture the best and brightest tattoo artists and celebrate this unique art form. Hair Battle Spectacular also offers a peek behind the curtain of a different kind of artistry -- fantasy hair design -- and last season our audience couldn’t get enough. We’re excited to bring it back to the schedule in 2011."
Bunim-Murray Productions will produce Best Ink with Jonathan Murray and Gil Goldschein serving as executive producers.
Hair Battle Spectacular is produced by 3 Ball Productions with JD Roth and Todd A. Nelson serving as executive producers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR