Oxygen Media Greenlights Reality Tattoo Show 'Best Ink'
The net also renews Hair Battle Spectacular for a second season.
Oxygen Media has given a greenlight to Best Ink, a reality show that pits 12 tattoo artists against each other for "a cash prize and bragging rights."
The artists will give tattoos to real people in a variety of challenges.
The network has also renewed Hair Battle Spectacular for a second season after it became the most-watched freshman series in the network's history. Stylists compete against each other for a $100,000 prize on the show.
“Many of our viewers choose to express themselves through the ever-growing phenomenon of body art," said Amy Introcaso-Davis, svp of original programming and development in a statement. "We hope to capture the best and brightest tattoo artists and celebrate this unique art form. Hair Battle Spectacular also offers a peek behind the curtain of a different kind of artistry -- fantasy hair design -- and last season our audience couldn’t get enough. We’re excited to bring it back to the schedule in 2011."
Bunim-Murray Productions will produce Best Ink with Jonathan Murray and Gil Goldschein serving as executive producers.
Hair Battle Spectacular is produced by 3 Ball Productions with JD Roth and Todd A. Nelson serving as executive producers.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration