Paula Abdul Dance Show Might Face 'Idol'
CBS announces the former judge's "Live to Dance" will likely air in the same time slot.
A day after it was announced Kara DioGuardi is getting her own music judging show, CBS confirmed Paula Abdul could face off against American Idol this season in the same time slot.
The former Idol judge's new CBS reality competition Live to Dance is being scheduled for a time period that's likely to bump up against the Fox ratings titan.
CBS has announced that Live to Dance will air Wednesdays at 8 p.m. starting in January.
Fox's original midseason schedule announced back in May puts Idol at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, though the network is expected to reveal an updated midseason plan within the next couple months that could change that slot. Idol usually debuts in mid January.
Live to Dance will kick off with a two-hour premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 4 at 8 p.m. before moving to its regular time period. The show has a fairly short run -- eight hours.
The premiere will follow dancers from across the country auditioning for Abdul and fellow experts Travis Payne and Kimberly Wyatt. Starting Wednesday, Jan. 12, dance acts will compete against each other live on CBS.
DioGuardi's show, Going Platinum, kicks off on Bravo in 2011. Jewel will host.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR