Planet Green Eyed for Rebranding
CEO David Zaslav said Discovery Communications is looking at reinventing another one of its networks.
NEW YORK – Discovery Communications is looking at rebranding Planet Green, its channel focused on environmental issues and green lifestyle, CEO David Zaslav said Friday.
The company feels it could do something different and “more meaningful" with the network, he said during an earnings conference call. He didn’t provide specifics or hints about a possible new direction. He also didn’t signal the likely timing of a change.
Planet Green launched in mid-2008 as a rebranding of the former Discovery Home Channel.
Zaslav and his team have driven ratings and advertising growth at Discovery Communications via several network relaunches and rebrandings. At the start of the year, Discovery Health became OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, and in October, the former Discovery Kids became The Hub, among others.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip