Planet Green Eyed for Rebranding
CEO David Zaslav said Discovery Communications is looking at reinventing another one of its networks.
NEW YORK – Discovery Communications is looking at rebranding Planet Green, its channel focused on environmental issues and green lifestyle, CEO David Zaslav said Friday.
The company feels it could do something different and “more meaningful" with the network, he said during an earnings conference call. He didn’t provide specifics or hints about a possible new direction. He also didn’t signal the likely timing of a change.
Planet Green launched in mid-2008 as a rebranding of the former Discovery Home Channel.
Zaslav and his team have driven ratings and advertising growth at Discovery Communications via several network relaunches and rebrandings. At the start of the year, Discovery Health became OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, and in October, the former Discovery Kids became The Hub, among others.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)