Planet Green Eyed for Rebranding
CEO David Zaslav said Discovery Communications is looking at reinventing another one of its networks.
NEW YORK – Discovery Communications is looking at rebranding Planet Green, its channel focused on environmental issues and green lifestyle, CEO David Zaslav said Friday.
The company feels it could do something different and “more meaningful" with the network, he said during an earnings conference call. He didn’t provide specifics or hints about a possible new direction. He also didn’t signal the likely timing of a change.
Planet Green launched in mid-2008 as a rebranding of the former Discovery Home Channel.
Zaslav and his team have driven ratings and advertising growth at Discovery Communications via several network relaunches and rebrandings. At the start of the year, Discovery Health became OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, and in October, the former Discovery Kids became The Hub, among others.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR