The PTC's 18 Dirty Words You Shouldn't Say on TV
Parents TV Council claims profanity is up a shocking percentage in primetime. (In fact, they say it's up 69% ... snicker). While I don't think the PTC would intentionally cook their numbers, they're not exactly an unbiased organization about this stuff, so you have to be a tad skeptical when any activist group presents in-house research.
Most interesting is the PTC's list of words they're objecting to (their chart, below), which expands mightily on George Carlin's famous list of seven words you can never say on TV.
Wondering: Does the Bible-based "hell" and "damn" really seem like profanity? What about "suck" and "screw"? Is bleeped profanity the same as profanity that you actually hear? (Perhaps ... you do sort of get the point). And is anybody else curious what the euphemisms were for "fuck"? And what does "other breasts" mean, exactly?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!