Report: Man Shoots TV Over Palin Dance
A 67-year-old rural Wisconsin man enraged over Bristol Palin's lack of skill on "Dancing with the Stars" blasted his television with a shotgun, leading to an overnight standoff with a SWAT team, according to the AP.
A Dane County Sheriff's detective said Steven Cowan felt Palin was "not a good dancer and was only on the show because of her famous mother."
Then Cowan shot his TV before turning the gun on his wife, who ran out and escaped.
SWAT officers surrounded the home and talked Cowan out Tuesday morning.
Cowan was charged second-degree reckless endangerment and could be sentenced to up to 10 years in prison if convicted.
Authorities say he has bipolar disorder, but, really, Palin's dancing has been the source of a lot of viewer frustration in recent weeks. THR's recent story on the importance of right wing viewership had readers emailing that this must be why Palin is still on the show.
-- AP contributed to this report.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot in TV
- Dark Graphic Novella Pays Tribute To The 10th Anniversary Of Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'
- Scientists Show Hitchcock Thriller To 'Vegetative' Man, Get Big Surprise
- Nick Jonas On How Fans Have Helped Him Transition From Band Member To Solo Artist
- Kim Kardashian Asks Nasim Pedrad About That 'SNL' Impression
- Jenny McCarthy Hasn't Watched 'The View' Yet: 'I've Been Hearing Mixed Reviews'
- Kirsten Dunst Doesn't Like Watching Herself On Screen
- Ariana Grande's Rumored Boyfriend Big Sean Says They Have 'Great Chemistry'
- Julianna Margulies & Jimmy Fallon Are Hilarious School Principals Who Sing the Morning Announcements (Video)