Reports: Man who threatened 'South Park' arrested
The Islamic fundamentalist who threatened "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone has been arrested by the FBI.
Zachary Chesser, 20, was reportedly charged with providing material support a Somali terrorist group affiliated with al-Qaeda.
The man was stopped while attempting to board a plane in New York City after being placed on a no-fly list.
A university drop-out, Chesser allegedly posted a message on the radical Islamic site Revolution Muslim warning the "South Park" creators they will "probably end up like" a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered for presenting a negative portrayal of the Islamic faith.
The "South Park" gang angered some by an episode that showed (or attempted to show before Comedy Central censored the image) the Prophet Muhammad.
Some Smoking Gun documents with more details here which includes this tidbit: After the "South Park" post, Chesser had a falling out with his parents over the ensuing controversy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR