Reports: Man who threatened 'South Park' arrested
The Islamic fundamentalist who threatened "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone has been arrested by the FBI.
Zachary Chesser, 20, was reportedly charged with providing material support a Somali terrorist group affiliated with al-Qaeda.
The man was stopped while attempting to board a plane in New York City after being placed on a no-fly list.
A university drop-out, Chesser allegedly posted a message on the radical Islamic site Revolution Muslim warning the "South Park" creators they will "probably end up like" a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered for presenting a negative portrayal of the Islamic faith.
The "South Park" gang angered some by an episode that showed (or attempted to show before Comedy Central censored the image) the Prophet Muhammad.
Some Smoking Gun documents with more details here which includes this tidbit: After the "South Park" post, Chesser had a falling out with his parents over the ensuing controversy.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot in TV
- Movie Review: A Walk Among the Tombstones
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!