'Rescue Me' Finale Date Set to Coincide With 9/11 Anniversary
The series finale of the FX drama Rescue Me has been set for a date that will tie into its 9/11 origins.
The Sept. 6 broadcast will coincide with programming commemorating the 10th anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York -- the event which inspired the Denis Leary series about NYC firefighters dealing with the physical and emotional aftermath of the event.
The network deliberately chose not to air the finale on Sept. 11, notes the Associated Press.
FX president John Landgraf said Saturday at the TCA winter press tour, "It seemed appropriate not to air it on the day because there are more solemn and appropriate things to do on the day. The weeks surrounding the day seemed to be the appropriate place to do it."
Rescue Me will wrap up after its seventh season.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR