Resurrection: NBC orders more ‘Trauma'
A few weeks after NBC confirmed it would not order any more episodes of "Trauma," the network has ordered more episodes of "Trauma." Three hours, to be exact. This is a similar "we canceled it, wait, maybe we didn't" fun the network had with "Lipstick Jungle" last year. Only that time, after some wavering, the show stayed dead.
So why order more episodes? Have its ratings improved?
Is this show a bargain?
Are critics raving about it? Is there Emmy gold ahead?
So why would NBC order more of a low-rated show that isn't particularly acclaimed and is expensive? Is this some sly practical joke NBC is playing on Comcast?
NBC is serving up more "Trauma," sources say, because the network is short on inventory -- quality content that's ready to roll. Ten "Trauma" episodes will air before the holidays. Now they'll have another six, instead of an awkward three, to air at some other time (which has yet to be determined). With the start of NBC's Winter Olympics coverage in early February, it's unclear if "Trauma" will finish before or after the Games.
Remember that "Day One" was planned for midseason on Mondays and its order was shortened from a series to a miniseries. "Chuck" also saw its midseason order expanded to pick up the slack.
So, this move is more filler than faith, but for "Trauma" fans -- and they are out there and feel quite strongly about this show -- they'll take it.
What's Hot in TV
- Theater Review: Between Riverside and Crazy Lies Exellence
- It’s Time to Revisit All 38 Soundtracks to Hit No. 1 Since Purple Rain
- Let’s Talk About the Guardians of the Galaxy Post-Credits Scene
- Orange Is the New Black’s Barbara Rosenblat on Playing Miss Rosa and Being ‘the Meryl Streep of Audiobooks’
- Theo James Trains to Become Four in 'Divergent' BTS Clip (Exclusive Video)
- Orlando Bloom Continues His Vacation as Rumors Spread About Miranda Kerr's Views on the Justin Bieber Feud
- Kaley Cuoco Steps Out While 'Big Bang Theory' Production Looms Amid Contract Negotiations
- Kit Harington Loses His Signature Curly Hair for Straight Locks in 'Testament of Youth' Trailer - Watch Now!