Ricky Gervais to Cameo on 'The Office'
1:54 PM PST 1/19/2011 by THR staff
The controversial Golden Globes host will reprise his role as David Brent on the Jan. 27 episode.
Controversial Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais is heading to The Office.Gervais, who co-created the British inspiration for the U.S. show, will reprise his original role as David Brent on the Jan. 27 episode. "It's a little more than if you blink, you'll miss it, but if you don't set your TiVo right, you'll miss it," Office show-runner Paul Lieberstein told Vulture, which first reported the cameo. Gervais has wanted to do something with the U.S. Office “and it felt like we shouldn't go the whole series” without he and Michael Scott (Steve Carell) connecting, Lieberstein says. "But we had some issues to work out, like how does David Brent live in the world of Michael Scott." What can fans expect? "It's outside of the office, and it's just the two of them interacting," Lieberstein says. "It's just a little nod to Steve and his final year."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV