Ricky Gervais to Cameo on 'The Office'
1:54 PM PST 1/19/2011 by THR staff
The controversial Golden Globes host will reprise his role as David Brent on the Jan. 27 episode.
Controversial Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais is heading to The Office.Gervais, who co-created the British inspiration for the U.S. show, will reprise his original role as David Brent on the Jan. 27 episode. "It's a little more than if you blink, you'll miss it, but if you don't set your TiVo right, you'll miss it," Office show-runner Paul Lieberstein told Vulture, which first reported the cameo. Gervais has wanted to do something with the U.S. Office “and it felt like we shouldn't go the whole series” without he and Michael Scott (Steve Carell) connecting, Lieberstein says. "But we had some issues to work out, like how does David Brent live in the world of Michael Scott." What can fans expect? "It's outside of the office, and it's just the two of them interacting," Lieberstein says. "It's just a little nod to Steve and his final year."
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot in TV
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Nude Chelsea Handler Gets Confronted By Ellen DeGeneres In Funny 'Chelsea Lately' Finale Skit - Watch Now!
- Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston & Anna Gunn Step Out After Their Big Emmy Wins!
- Lady Gaga Shows Side Boob In New 'I Can't Give You Anything But Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Darren Criss Calls Beyonce's VMA Performance 'Flawless'