Ricky Gervais to Cameo on 'The Office'
1:54 PM PST 1/19/2011 by THR staff
The controversial Golden Globes host will reprise his role as David Brent on the Jan. 27 episode.
Controversial Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais is heading to The Office.Gervais, who co-created the British inspiration for the U.S. show, will reprise his original role as David Brent on the Jan. 27 episode. "It's a little more than if you blink, you'll miss it, but if you don't set your TiVo right, you'll miss it," Office show-runner Paul Lieberstein told Vulture, which first reported the cameo. Gervais has wanted to do something with the U.S. Office “and it felt like we shouldn't go the whole series” without he and Michael Scott (Steve Carell) connecting, Lieberstein says. "But we had some issues to work out, like how does David Brent live in the world of Michael Scott." What can fans expect? "It's outside of the office, and it's just the two of them interacting," Lieberstein says. "It's just a little nod to Steve and his final year."
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot in TV
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Behati Prinsloo Marries a Lookalike Adam Levine in Tommy Hilfiger's Latest Campaign
- You Could Dine with Aaron Paul, Nina Dobrev, & More in Support of the Kind Campaign!
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl 2015 Halftime Show Will Be Epic - More Details Revealed!
- Chelsea Handler Shares a Topless Photo with Star of David Nipple Pasties