Ricky Gervais will host Golden Globes next year
"I can’t believe they invited me back after awful things I said," Gervais said in a statement. "Let’s see how far I can go this time."
This year's telecast hosted by Gervais was up 12% from the previous year (17 million viewers, 5.5 rating in the demo), though critics were mixed on his performance. Despite Gervais' quote above, some thought he was surprisingly tame. Still, Gervais always brings the expectation of the unexpected, which is more than one can say for most awards show host candidates.
"As viewers discovered with our last awards telecast, Ricky’s surprising and unpredictable humor is a great fit for the Globes, which will continue as a live event across the nation," said Paul Telegdy, president of alternative at NBC. "He’s a true force of nature with a wicked sense of humor who always keeps everyone on their toes waiting for the unexpected."
Here's one of Gervais' more wicked moments from this year's show ...
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David