Ricky Gervais will host Golden Globes next year
"I can’t believe they invited me back after awful things I said," Gervais said in a statement. "Let’s see how far I can go this time."
This year's telecast hosted by Gervais was up 12% from the previous year (17 million viewers, 5.5 rating in the demo), though critics were mixed on his performance. Despite Gervais' quote above, some thought he was surprisingly tame. Still, Gervais always brings the expectation of the unexpected, which is more than one can say for most awards show host candidates.
"As viewers discovered with our last awards telecast, Ricky’s surprising and unpredictable humor is a great fit for the Globes, which will continue as a live event across the nation," said Paul Telegdy, president of alternative at NBC. "He’s a true force of nature with a wicked sense of humor who always keeps everyone on their toes waiting for the unexpected."
Here's one of Gervais' more wicked moments from this year's show ...
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera