Ricky Gervais Tells Paparazzi He Will Not Be Hosting Another Golden Globes
Comedian says it will be his decision not to return to the awards show.
Ricky Gervais will not wait for another invitation to host the Golden Globe Awards. He said he will not be doing the show regardless next year and it will be his choice.
Gervais told paparazzi: "I'm not going to do it again."
"I think twice is enough," he added.
The comedian has come under criticism for his harsh monologue and A-list biting jokes during the program Sunday. Robert Downey Jr. called his hosting stint "mean-spirited."
Phil Berk, the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association said Gervais had "crossed the line" in the jokes and would not comment as to whether Gervais would be invited back for a third hosting duty next year.
Gervais said he had a great time hosting the show this year, despite the controversy. "I loved it even more than last year,” he said.
When it was noted that fellow comedians supported his jokes in the show, Gervais said, "Well, it's nice to be loved by your peers. They stick by you."
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag