Ricky Gervais Tells Paparazzi He Will Not Be Hosting Another Golden Globes
Comedian says it will be his decision not to return to the awards show.
Ricky Gervais will not wait for another invitation to host the Golden Globe Awards. He said he will not be doing the show regardless next year and it will be his choice.
Gervais told paparazzi: "I'm not going to do it again."
"I think twice is enough," he added.
The comedian has come under criticism for his harsh monologue and A-list biting jokes during the program Sunday. Robert Downey Jr. called his hosting stint "mean-spirited."
Phil Berk, the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association said Gervais had "crossed the line" in the jokes and would not comment as to whether Gervais would be invited back for a third hosting duty next year.
Gervais said he had a great time hosting the show this year, despite the controversy. "I loved it even more than last year,” he said.
When it was noted that fellow comedians supported his jokes in the show, Gervais said, "Well, it's nice to be loved by your peers. They stick by you."
What's Hot in TV
- Jon Gosselin Performs DJ Gig At An Empty New Jersey Bowling Alley
- A Few Words on Russell Tovey and Why If It Weren't for My Father, I Wouldn't Be a Faggot
- Giorgio Armani Kicks Madonna While She's Down About THAT Cape
- Is 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules The Mystery Contestant On 'Dancing With The Stars'?
- Bobby Brown's Family Filming Reality Series During Bobbi Kristina Brown's Hospitalization
- Kanye West Tells Oxford Students: If I Can Remove My Ego, 'There's Hope For Everyone'
- Dakota Johnson Cut 'SNL' Sketch: Anastasia Steele Visits New Red Room in 'Fifty Shades' Sequel
- Taylor Schilling & Jackie Cruz Form Strong Bond Outside of 'Orange is the New Black'