Ron Moore Sells Coast Guard Adventure to NBC
Exclu: Battlestar Galactica showrunner Ron Moore has sold an ambitious action-adventure series to NBC.
The broadcaster has picked up Moore's The McCulloch from Sony Pictures Television.
The show focuses on the men and women of the fictional Coast Guard cutter The McCulloch as they travel around the world.
The script deal plus penalty could bring the talented Moore, whose Syfy series Caprica was recently cancelled, to broadcast in his first project since his pilot for Virtuality aired on Fox.
Moore has plenty of experience with shows based on wandering vessels, having both worked on the Star Trek franchise and Battlestar.
Setting a TV series on open ocean is a bold move, since water-based shoots have a long legacy of being difficult (and expensive) productions. Given the advances of green screen technology, however, McCulloch could in theory be shot without every leaving a studio.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR