Sara Rue will host CW weight-loss show
Exclu: Sara Rue has been tapped as host of the CW's midseason reality series "Shedding for the Wedding."
Rue, known for roles on ABC's "Less Than Perfect" and "Eastwick," will hold court over the network's weight-loss show. She lost 40 pounds on Jenny Craig and in December became a spokesperson for the company.
On "Shedding," 10 overweight couples live together and battle during a three-month period for the wedding of their dreams. The couple that loses the least amount of combined weight at the end of each episode is sent home.
No premiere date has been announced. Raquel Productions Inc. produces with executive producers Dave Broome and Rick Hurvitz on board.
Rue is repped by APA and Alan David.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR