Sara Rue will host CW weight-loss show
Exclu: Sara Rue has been tapped as host of the CW's midseason reality series "Shedding for the Wedding."
Rue, known for roles on ABC's "Less Than Perfect" and "Eastwick," will hold court over the network's weight-loss show. She lost 40 pounds on Jenny Craig and in December became a spokesperson for the company.
On "Shedding," 10 overweight couples live together and battle during a three-month period for the wedding of their dreams. The couple that loses the least amount of combined weight at the end of each episode is sent home.
No premiere date has been announced. Raquel Productions Inc. produces with executive producers Dave Broome and Rick Hurvitz on board.
Rue is repped by APA and Alan David.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Starring Shirtless Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson is Finally Here & It's Super Steamy - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Morrison Arrives On Set for 'Once Upon a Time' & It's Getting Us Pumped for Season Four!
- Karlie Kloss Reveals the Secret to Her Amazing Abs
- Juno Temple Grabs Lunch with Her Mom in NYC After New 'Horns' Poster Released