'Sarah Palin's Alaska' Breaks TLC Ratings Record
Sarah Palin's documentary / travelogue / reality / biopic shattered TLC ratings records Sunday night.
The debut of Sarah Palin's Alaska delivered a whopping 5 million viewers.
The first episode of the eight-part series was the most-watched program launch in TLC's history.
Tim Goodman's THR review said both Palin's fans and critics will find what they're looking for in the show.
TLC has hit bigger numbers over the years for non-premiere episodes, with Jon & Kate Plus Eight pulling about 10 million for one episode during the peak of its tabloid headlines.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)