'Saturday Night Live' ratings rise; Perry spoofs 'Sesame Street' flap (video)
Katy Perry may not be welcome on "Sesame Street," but her appearance sure didn't hurt the ratings for "Saturday Night Live."
Musical guest Perry and host Amy Poehler headlined the 36th season premiere of the NBC late-night comedy show last night.
The episode delivered a 5.3 overnight household rating, up 15% from last year. Some thought the choice of former cast-member and "Parks & Recreation" star Poehler was a too-safe in-house choice for the show, but clearly fans were ready to see her back on the show.
Excluding the 2008 premiere (boosted by interest in that year’s Presidential election and featured a guest appearance by Tina Fey as Gov. Sarah Palin), last night's "SNL" was the highest-rated opening for the series since 2006 (host Dane Cook, musical guest The Killers).
Below, Katy Perry spoofs her "Sesame Street" controversy:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10