'Shaq' vs. 'Big Brother' -- Who won?
"Shaq Vs." drew 4.3 million viewers and a 1.7 preliminary adults 18-49 ratings, tying Fox's "More to Love" (4 million, 1.7) for third place in the oddly competitive 9 p.m. summer hour.
Flying into this buzzsaw, which included several competitors posting their best numbers all summer, ABC says they're pleased that "Shaq" managed to edge out "Love" in viewers and build 21% on its "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" (6.3 million, 1.4) lead-in to post the network's best rating in this time period all summer. But this is about the same number that Shaq's previous short-lived ABC reality series ("Shaq's Big Challenge") received when it debuted on Tuesday last year.
Fox won the evening with "Hell's Kitchen" (7.3 million, 3.4) and "More to Love," both shows drawing their largest audience all summer, with "Love" up 8% in the demo.
NBC was right behind with a repeat and a two-hour "America's Got Talent" (11.6 million, 3.0).
CBS placedthird with repeats and "Big Brother" (8.1 million, 2.9). "Brother" not only grew steeply once again, but also had its biggest demo rating since the show's 2007 season finale. It is now even in the demo compared to last year, with "The Bachelorette" being the only reality show to post a larger average audience this summer than last.
Leaving ABC fourth with"Millionaire," "Shaq Vs." and "Primetime" (3.5 million, 1.3).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws