Showtime Renews 'Shameless,' 'Episodes'
Showtime has renewed its two freshmen series, Shameless and Episodes, for second seasons.
Shameless, the hourlong dramedy starring William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum, received a 12-episode order for Season 2.
Half-hour comedy Episodes, starring television vet Matt LeBlanc as a heightened version of himself, also received a pickup, though the episode count has yet to be determined. Episodes is a co-production with Showtime and U.K.'s BBC.
Both series premiered in early January, with Shameless becoming Showtime's best-performing freshman drama to date, drawing 982,000. Episodes premiered to 768,000 viewers following veteran comedy Californication.
Production is set to begin later this year, with premieres scheduled for early next year.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'