'Simpsons' Takes Third Jab at Fox News
Sunday night’s show featured a helicopter with another tongue-in-cheek slogan.
The Simpsons mocked its network, Fox, the third time this season.
Sunday night's show featured a Fox News helicopter with the slogan, "Merry Christmas From Fox News...But No Other Holidays."
It has also aired helicopters with slogans, "Unsuitable For Viewers Under 75" and "Fox News: #1 With Racists."
Simpsons executive producer Al Jean told The Hollywood Reporter last month that the show wouldn't continue to skewer Fox, but it appears they couldn't resist.
"I think at that point you're becoming stale. I believe that something is only funny twice," he said.
Jean said the network doesn't take it too seriously.
"We did a parody of the Fox News crawl about eight years ago and we talked to the guy he does the crawls and he said he loved it, so they do have a sense of humor about themselves," he told THR. "We're shooting for two different audiences. Our audience was definitely pleased with the Fox News jokes."
Bill O'Reilly, however, was offended, calling Simpsons staffers "pinheads" for the digs.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR