Singer Aubrey O'Day gets Oxygen reality show
The former lead vocalist of all-girl band Danity Kane was discovered in 2004 as part of MTV's series "Making the Band." Producer and judge Sean Combs famously fired O'Day during an episode of the show two years ago.
Now, Oxygen's "The Aubrey O'Day Project" will chronicle her attempt to make a comeback in the music industry while working with a demanding team of industry professionals.
"Young women have watched the ups and downs of Aubrey through the years, and they continue to cheer her on," said Amy Introcaso-Davis, senior vp original programming and development at Oxygen. "We're excited to deliver her story as she battles the issues that resonate with our audience, from self-doubt and body image to an intense desire for success and redemption."
Since leaving Danity Kane, O'Day has appeared in musicals on Broadway and in Las Vegas.
"Aubrey O'Day" is produced by Ish Entertainment with Michael Hirschorn, Madison Merritt and Wendy Roth as executive producers. No airdate or episode count has been determined.
Oxygen continues to expand its reality efforts, last week picking up Season 2 of "Bad Girls Club" spinoff "Love Games," which became the network's most-watched freshman season of a series among its target 18-34 demographic.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot in TV
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding