Singer Aubrey O'Day gets Oxygen reality show
The former lead vocalist of all-girl band Danity Kane was discovered in 2004 as part of MTV's series "Making the Band." Producer and judge Sean Combs famously fired O'Day during an episode of the show two years ago.
Now, Oxygen's "The Aubrey O'Day Project" will chronicle her attempt to make a comeback in the music industry while working with a demanding team of industry professionals.
"Young women have watched the ups and downs of Aubrey through the years, and they continue to cheer her on," said Amy Introcaso-Davis, senior vp original programming and development at Oxygen. "We're excited to deliver her story as she battles the issues that resonate with our audience, from self-doubt and body image to an intense desire for success and redemption."
Since leaving Danity Kane, O'Day has appeared in musicals on Broadway and in Las Vegas.
"Aubrey O'Day" is produced by Ish Entertainment with Michael Hirschorn, Madison Merritt and Wendy Roth as executive producers. No airdate or episode count has been determined.
Oxygen continues to expand its reality efforts, last week picking up Season 2 of "Bad Girls Club" spinoff "Love Games," which became the network's most-watched freshman season of a series among its target 18-34 demographic.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!