'Smallville' Ratings Up as Teri Hatcher Guests
Teri Hatcher guest starred on this week's Smallville as Lois Lane's mother (the actress played Lane herself in the ABC series Lois & Clark) and Smallville's rating (2.9 million, 1.3 preliminary adults 18-49) leapt 18% in a single bound to nearly win the 8 p.m. hour. That matches the show's highest rating of the season, though a sports pre-emption in St. Louis could have boosted the number.
The climb didn't help lead-out Supernatural (2.1 million, 0.9), though, which fell by the same percentage.
CBS won the night overall though its dramas dipped across the board: Medium (6.9 million, 1.4), CSI: NY (10 million, 1.7) and Blue Bloods (10.5 million, 1.6).
ABC was second with its unscripted block of Supernanny (5.2 million, 1.2) and news magazines Primetime (6.3 million, 1.9) and 20/20 (5.4 million, 1.6), which were about the same as last week.
NBC's School Pride (2.4 million, 0.6) was unchanged, while Dateline (5.9 million, 1.4) gained slgihtly.
Fox's ranked below The CW with a repeat and The Good Guys (2.4 million, 0.7), which slipped another notch.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'