'Smallville' Ratings Up as Teri Hatcher Guests
Teri Hatcher guest starred on this week's Smallville as Lois Lane's mother (the actress played Lane herself in the ABC series Lois & Clark) and Smallville's rating (2.9 million, 1.3 preliminary adults 18-49) leapt 18% in a single bound to nearly win the 8 p.m. hour. That matches the show's highest rating of the season, though a sports pre-emption in St. Louis could have boosted the number.
The climb didn't help lead-out Supernatural (2.1 million, 0.9), though, which fell by the same percentage.
CBS won the night overall though its dramas dipped across the board: Medium (6.9 million, 1.4), CSI: NY (10 million, 1.7) and Blue Bloods (10.5 million, 1.6).
ABC was second with its unscripted block of Supernanny (5.2 million, 1.2) and news magazines Primetime (6.3 million, 1.9) and 20/20 (5.4 million, 1.6), which were about the same as last week.
NBC's School Pride (2.4 million, 0.6) was unchanged, while Dateline (5.9 million, 1.4) gained slgihtly.
Fox's ranked below The CW with a repeat and The Good Guys (2.4 million, 0.7), which slipped another notch.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch