SNL's Tiger Woods spoof draws fire (video)
"Saturday Night Live," of course, spoofed the Tiger Woods incident, here Kenan Thompson as Woods and guest host Blake Lively playing his wife Elin.
Some media outlets are finger-wagging this sketch, calling it irresponsible, asking, "What if the genders had been reversed?"
"Had the tables been turned and a man was suspected of beating up hiswife, there definitely wouldn't be a lighthearted sketch like this," noted TV Squad. "Butsince it's female-on-male domestic violence, our current culture deemsit kind of, sort of okay to make fun of and the scandal had to beaddressed before it lost heat."
As Dan Rather once said, "If a frog had side pockets, he'd carry a handgun."
If the gender roles were reversed, SNL wouldn't have done the sketch. The subject only works as parody because of the gender twist. Does it really do victims of domestic violence (95% of which are women ... and, if watching Lifetime is any indication, the other 5% had it coming) any favors to pretend as if there is no difference between the sexes on this issue?
Having Rihanna as the night's musical guest didn't help, though...
What's Hot in TV
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR