Snooki released from custody following Friday arrest
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. – "Jersey Shore" cast member Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi was arrested and later released from custody in the New Jersey beach town where the MTV show is based.
Seaside Heights Police Chief Thomas Boyd says Polizzi was arrested at around 3:25 p.m. Friday and charged with disorderly conduct after other beachgoers reported she was bothering them.
Polizzi was processed at police headquarters and released on a summons.
MTV spokeswoman Emily Yeomans declined comment on the arrest, which came one day after the premiere of the show's second season.
Telephone messages left for SallyAnn Salsano, executive producer at "Jersey Shore" production company 495 Productions, and Pam LaLima, co-executive producer, were not immediately returned.
The show focuses on the escapades of a group of hard-partying, 20-something Italian-Americans at a shore house.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead