Snooki released from custody following Friday arrest
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. – "Jersey Shore" cast member Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi was arrested and later released from custody in the New Jersey beach town where the MTV show is based.
Seaside Heights Police Chief Thomas Boyd says Polizzi was arrested at around 3:25 p.m. Friday and charged with disorderly conduct after other beachgoers reported she was bothering them.
Polizzi was processed at police headquarters and released on a summons.
MTV spokeswoman Emily Yeomans declined comment on the arrest, which came one day after the premiere of the show's second season.
Telephone messages left for SallyAnn Salsano, executive producer at "Jersey Shore" production company 495 Productions, and Pam LaLima, co-executive producer, were not immediately returned.
The show focuses on the escapades of a group of hard-partying, 20-something Italian-Americans at a shore house.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR