'South Park' duo: We're not conservative (or liberal)
Great interview with Trey Parker and Matt Stone in Huffington Post about the politics of "South Park." Some quotes (with NSFW language):
"It was just lame, that's exactly what we're talking about--peopletrying to claim the show," said Matt, who in 2005 announced "I hateconservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals." When I asked himabout the quote, Trey responded, "It's all based on saying the shockingthing. We used to have a great time going to Hollywood partiesand saying 'I think George Bush is doing a great job.' We'd clear outthe room. I used to love it."
"I would never want the show to be a Democrat show or Republicanshow, because for us the show's more important than that. It isn't foreverybody else in the world, but it is for us. We don't want you to cometo it thinking, 'These guys are going to bash liberals,'" Mattexplained.
"I look at it like this," Trey added. "I have a cat, Ilove my cat and it's like someone coming in and saying, 'Hey, is thatcat a Republican or a Democrat?' He's my fucking cat, leave him alone."
"Ripping on Republicans is not that fun for us onlybecause everyone else does it," Matt explained. "It's so muchmore fun for us to rip on liberals only because nobody else does it, andnot because we think liberals are worse than Republicans but, justbecause..."
"..it's like fresh snow. I mean how're you gonna rip on Sarah Palinin a new way?" Trey pointed out.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR