Starz Nabs Assassin Project From Sam Raimi
Exclu: Starz has picked up an action project from Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert that's based on a Japanese anime TV series.
The premium cable network is developing Noir, a live-action U.S. remake of a 2001 show about two female assassins working in a criminal underworld. After discovering they're mysteriously linked, the two and have to work together on missions (under the moniker of "Noir") until they figure out why and how they are connected -- or until one of them kills the other.
Stephen Lightfoot (Criminal Justice and House of Saddam) is the writer and executive producer.
Raimi and Tapert will exec produce. The duo also produce Spartacus for the network, in addition to having worked on films such as Drag Me to Hell and the Evil Dead franchise.
The move is the latest in Starz' plan to develop compelling genre shows like the upcoming Camelot, a concept that AMC just proved can bring in big cable numbers with its powerful launch of The Walking Dead.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot in TV
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!