'Steven Seagal Lawman' breaks A&E record
The network's new original series "Steven Seagal Lawman" premiered Wednesday with two back-to-back episodes and a record-breaking 3.5 million total viewers and 2.0 million viewers in adults 18-49, making it the most-watched original series launch in A&E's history in all key demos.
The campy cop series chronicles Seagal's work as a Louisiana sheriff's deputy while intoning lines like, "As a lifelong practitioner of martial arts, I'm trained to remain calm in the face of adversity and danger." It drew 3.4 million viewers for the first episode at 10 p.m., climbing to 3.6 million for the second one at 10:30 p.m.
The "Lawman" debut follows the Monday second season premiere of "Hoarders," which was seen by 3.2 million viewers and 1.9 million adults 18-49, ranking as best season opener for any original A&E series ever in the adult demo. "Lawman" is produced by ITV Studios and Steamroller Prods.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Nina Dobrev Gets Glam At Comic-Con To Promote 'Let's Be Cops'
- Why George R.R. Martin Won't Write A 'Game Of Thrones' Episode This Season
- Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh's New Hope Is That They Get to Make More "Phineas & Ferb Star Wars" Specials for the Disney Channel
- All The Awesome Cosplay From Comic-Con 2014 So Far