Steven Tyler Called Out for Hitting on Teen 'Idol' Contestants
The Aerosmith frontman told one 16-year-old who auditioned that she had "just the right amount" of leg showing.
Blogs were ablaze Thursday morning of Steven Tyler's comments to young female American Idol contestants on Wednesday's premiere.
"Apparently, the theme of Season 10 of American Idol is pedophilia," wrote one on The Faster Times. "I’m a little disturbed."
Tyler, 62, noted that 16-year-old Victoria Huggins was wearing a skirt with "just the right amount [of leg] showing… that's nice." (Causing laughs from Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson.) 'American Idol' Season 10 Premiere Review: A Star Is Re-Born in Steven Tyler
Reality Blurred noted that Tyler was "leering at contestants."
A montage of Tyler flirting with female contestants was even shown. Wrote the New York Times: "The show overplayed the aging rock star’s bad boy reputation with a montage of Mr. Tyler leering and flirting with some very young and sexy female contestants — he looked too much like a long-haired version of Italy’s prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi." Watch 2011's worst American Idol auditions.
But it wasn't only Idol wannabes that caught Tyler's attention. At one point, when Lopez left her seat to hug a contestant, showing off her short skirt and legs, Tyler joked to Jackson, "You looking down, boy? I see you looking down."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR