Steven Tyler's 'American Idol' Apology
Why did the Fox hit make amends for its judge?
American Idol released an apology Wednesday night for judge Steven Tyler.
Ryan Seacrest first hinted on his KIIS-FM radio show Wednesday the Fox hit would make amends for something Tyler had said, but he never said what that was.
"There's a black card that starts the show tonight," Seacrest said. "It starts with, 'American Idol would like to apologize for last week's outrageous behavior by Steven Tyler. Mr. Tyler has been warned and assures us it will never happen again."
In the end, it was revealed producers were angry that Tyler joked to a contestant with the last name of "Muck" that it rhymes with a profanity.
Some have said the apology was tongue-in-cheek against viewers who complained about the scene from last week's show.
This isn't the first time Tyler has come under fire for his behavior on the show. Viewers called him out after the first episode for hitting on teenage contestants.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet