Style orders 'Too Fat for 15' docuseries
Exclu: Style Network has greenlighted a docuseries about obesity with the
attention-getting title "Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back."
The series, produced by Daisybeck Prods. in association with
Passion Distribution, is inspired by a documentary that aired on
the network last year about an overweight British teen who went to
" ‘Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back’ captures the epic struggle of a
courageous group of obese teens trying to lose weight," Style
Network president Salaam Coleman Smith said. "Their life-changing
mental and physical trans¬formation is must-see television that
puts a real face on the obesity epidemic threatening our young
"Too Fat" will premiere in August.
Weight-issue reality shows are a programming trend among cable
networks. Style sister network E! recently picked up "What’s Eating
You?" a documentary series about extreme eating dis¬orders, and
Oprah Winfrey’s OWN ordered "Inside Rehab," a series that follows
patients at an eating-disorder treatment facility.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game