Style orders 'Too Fat for 15' docuseries
Exclu: Style Network has greenlighted a docuseries about obesity with the
attention-getting title "Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back."
The series, produced by Daisybeck Prods. in association with
Passion Distribution, is inspired by a documentary that aired on
the network last year about an overweight British teen who went to
" ‘Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back’ captures the epic struggle of a
courageous group of obese teens trying to lose weight," Style
Network president Salaam Coleman Smith said. "Their life-changing
mental and physical trans¬formation is must-see television that
puts a real face on the obesity epidemic threatening our young
"Too Fat" will premiere in August.
Weight-issue reality shows are a programming trend among cable
networks. Style sister network E! recently picked up "What’s Eating
You?" a documentary series about extreme eating dis¬orders, and
Oprah Winfrey’s OWN ordered "Inside Rehab," a series that follows
patients at an eating-disorder treatment facility.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!