'Sunday Night Football' dumps Olbermann
It was always an odd-couple pairing, spurred more by corporate synergy over common sense, and now it's over: Keith Olbermann is being pulled from NBC's "Sunday Night Football."
Sources say the left-wing pundit's bosses at MSNBC are behind the decision, that Olbermann missed some Friday night tapings of "Countdown" due his football show duties. With midterm elections around the corner, they wanted his full attention.
NBC assures that Olbermann's politics weren't to blame but, really, is putting a divisive figure like Olbermann onto "Sunday Night Football" ever a good idea? Any more than, say, having Dennis Miller on "Monday Night Football"?
Yes, at least Olbermann had sports coverage experience, but once you've decided you're now a cable news network political ideologue, you're pretty much guaranteed to annoy a large faction of a general entertainment show's audience.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!