Sunday ratings: 'CSI: Miami' improves slot
The return of "CSI: Miami" won its time period Sunday night, while enduring perhaps inevitable declines from its former Monday perch.
"CSI: Miami" drew 11.8 million viewers and a 3.2 preliminary adults 18-49 rating at 10 p.m. last night. That's down 26% from its previous season premiere, though up 52% from the debut of "Cold Case" in the same slot last fall. "Miami" also edged out ABC's "Brothers & Sisters" (7.8 million, 3.0), which rose a tenth this week.
"Miami" received a strong lead-in from "Undercover Boss" (12.5 million, 4.0), which managed to grow slightly from last week's debut. Though in the 8 p.m. hour, "Amazing Race" (12.1 million, 3.3) fell 13% from its opener.
Overall, NBC easily won the night with "Sunday Night Football," drawing a 14.2 overnight household rating, the best for an NFL primetime game in October in a decade. The audience count on this may exceed 20 million viewers.
Fox placed second, some football overrun boosting "The Simpsons" (8.6 million, 4.1) by 11%, followed by a steady "Cleveland" (6.7 million, 3.1), then "Family Guy" (7.9 million, 3.9) dropping 13% from last week's hour-long premiere despite a guest appearance by Rush Limbaugh. The premiere of "American Dad" (6.1 million, 2.9) fell 19% from last year.
CBS placed third, ABC was fourth with "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (8.6 million, 2.5) and "Desperate Housewives" (13 million, 4.3) holding steady with last week.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!