Surprise: Sarah Palin's Ratings Rise
Sarah Palin's fortunes are improving on TLC.
Ratings for the politician's Alaska-based reality show grew for her third episode, reversing course after dropping sharply last week.
Sarah Palin's Alaska delivered 3.5 million viewers Sunday night, rising 17% at the conclusion of the holiday weekend.
Normally when ratings go down double digits for a second episode, the third outing generally falls at least a little, but not in this case. Palin may also have benefited from some weaker competition (ABC had the Country Music Awards the previous week). Even so, this is great news for TLC.
The Alaska episode to watch will be in two weeks, when Kate Gosselin guest stars.
News wasn't all positive for freshman Sunday shows: The second week of History's Top Gear dropped 32% to only 1.3 million viewers.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe
- Now That You've Seen Snowpiercer, Which Other Movies Should You Watch From Director Bong Joon-ho?
- Hannibal Producers on Clarice Starling’s Arrival and Who Survived the Massacre
- Morgan Freeman Tries Helium Again for Jimmy Fallon
- Ian Somerhalder Heads to Comic-Con After Looking Lovey Dovey with Rumored Girlfriend Nikki Reed
- Matt Bomer Accidentally Gropes Liv Tyler in 'Space Station 76' Trailer
- Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale Head on Vacation with Family!
- Mad Men's Jessica Pare Takes Advantage of Her Free Time After Filming Wraps!