Syfy Developing 'School Spirits'; 'Caprica' Writers to Pen Pilot
Syfy has announced details for two of its projects.
The network is teaming up with executive producers Mark Burnett and Seth Jarrett to develop a new one-hour reality series, School Spirits. Jarrett Creative Group is producing.
Spirits centers on telling real ghost stories of hauntings that have taken place in colleges and high schools across the U.S. and will be told through first-person narratives from actual students, parents and faculty.
In addition, Caprica writers Jane Espenson and Drew Z. Greenberg will pen the pilot, Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) for Syfy.
The project, which comes from ITV Studios America, was announced last May. The network acquired rights to the British detective show for development as a possible hourlong series. Howard Braustein was announced as an executive producer.
Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) centers on Hopkirk, who was murdered while investigating a case and returned as a ghost, only seen by his ex-partner Randall.
Espenson and Greenberg also worked together on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Espenson has written and produced for Battlestar Galactica, Gilmore Girls and Dollhouse. Greenberg has written and produced for Warehouse 13 and Dexter, just to name a few.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game