Syfy's 'Sharktopus' ratings mighty
Syfy's craptacular "Sharktopus" gobbled 2.5 million viewers Saturday night.
That's a big number for a Syfy original movie, and represents the best-ever showing by a Saturday night creature feature in September on the network.
It's not as big as, say, August's "Lake Placid 3" (3.1 million), but that was Syfy's most-watched original movie since 2005.
Only bringing up the "Lake Placid" comparison because "Sharktopus" received plenty of advance buzz, and is called "Sharktopus," and it seemed possible the movie could score an all-time high.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!