'The Talk' premieres modest, boosts slot
The premiere of chat-fest The Talk was able to keep its time period warm for CBS, yet couldn’t out-gab that other daytime panel show, ABC’s The View.
The Talk averaged 2.2 million viewers (based on special fast nationals) and a 2.1 overnight metered market household rating in its series debut Monday.
That HH number improves 24% on CBS' As the World Turns in the slot last year, though is down 8% from the Turns slot this year. The show was #1 in its time period in 20 markets, including Philly, Boston, Miami, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Orlando, Indy and San Diego.
But you can't talk about The Talk without looking at The View.
The shows are in different time periods (ABC's The View is at 11 a.m.; The Talk at 2 p.m.) , but the similarly formatted programs are natural rivals for media attention.
The View audience was 73% bigger than The Talk, racking up 3.8 million viewers.
Among women 25-54, The View had 956,000 to 686,000.
The View has been riding a publicity wave recently in the wake of two hosts walking off the set following a fight with guest Bill O'Reilly, though Monday's rating was still fairly average.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR