Taye Diggs Sells Adoption Drama to ABC
Exclu: ABC has picked up a drama project from Private Practice star Taye Diggs.
Diggs is partnering with writers Kiersten Van Horne and Cara Haycak for Match, an ensemble drama centering on the ethically complex world of adoption. The show will examine how families are made and broken as the protagonists -- a Los Angeles-based team of lawyers, doctors and caseworkers -- struggle to make dreams come true.
Haycak wrote the young-adult novels Red Palms and Living on Impulse, and Van Horne penned last season's Pretty Little Mistakes for NBC/UMS.
Van Horne and Haycak will produce with O'Taye's Abe Hoch, Jennifer Bozell and Diggs. Van Horne and Haycak are repped by APA, Rain Management Group and attorney Loan Dang.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)