Thursday shows slump as 'Fringe' returns
CBS' experiment with flipping "The Mentalist" and "CSI" resulted in a draw, with both shows pulling the same all rating. The network put "Mentalist" (13.9 million viewers, 2.8 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) into 9 p.m. and "CSI" (13.2 million, 2.8) at 10 p.m. and the crime dramas both hit all-time lows despite a strong lead-in from "Survivor" (11.1 million, 3.5).
The CBS result could suggest the network had the order right the first time, or other factors could be at play since last night's ratings were so disappointing for all the networks.
CBS came out on top. ABC second with "FlashForward" (5.1 million, 1.4) flunking, "Grey's Anatomy" (9.8 million, 3.5) tying "Survivor" as the top-rated show and "Private Practice" (7.8 million, 2.7) being edged out by "CSI" at 10 p.m. All the ABC shows were Thursday series lows.
Fox's lineup was dow -- "Bones" (8.4 million, 2.4) fell 29% and the heavily promoted return of "Fringe" (6 million, 2.2) dropped 15%.
NBC aired comedy repeats and "The Marriage Ref" (5.3 million, 2.2).
The CW's "Vampire Diaries" (2.8 million, 1.3) was down 19% from its last original and hit a series low, followed by "Supernatural" (2.4 million, 1.1).
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)