Thursday shows slump as 'Fringe' returns
CBS' experiment with flipping "The Mentalist" and "CSI" resulted in a draw, with both shows pulling the same all rating. The network put "Mentalist" (13.9 million viewers, 2.8 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) into 9 p.m. and "CSI" (13.2 million, 2.8) at 10 p.m. and the crime dramas both hit all-time lows despite a strong lead-in from "Survivor" (11.1 million, 3.5).
The CBS result could suggest the network had the order right the first time, or other factors could be at play since last night's ratings were so disappointing for all the networks.
CBS came out on top. ABC second with "FlashForward" (5.1 million, 1.4) flunking, "Grey's Anatomy" (9.8 million, 3.5) tying "Survivor" as the top-rated show and "Private Practice" (7.8 million, 2.7) being edged out by "CSI" at 10 p.m. All the ABC shows were Thursday series lows.
Fox's lineup was dow -- "Bones" (8.4 million, 2.4) fell 29% and the heavily promoted return of "Fringe" (6 million, 2.2) dropped 15%.
NBC aired comedy repeats and "The Marriage Ref" (5.3 million, 2.2).
The CW's "Vampire Diaries" (2.8 million, 1.3) was down 19% from its last original and hit a series low, followed by "Supernatural" (2.4 million, 1.1).
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public