Thursday shows slump as 'Fringe' returns
CBS' experiment with flipping "The Mentalist" and "CSI" resulted in a draw, with both shows pulling the same all rating. The network put "Mentalist" (13.9 million viewers, 2.8 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) into 9 p.m. and "CSI" (13.2 million, 2.8) at 10 p.m. and the crime dramas both hit all-time lows despite a strong lead-in from "Survivor" (11.1 million, 3.5).
The CBS result could suggest the network had the order right the first time, or other factors could be at play since last night's ratings were so disappointing for all the networks.
CBS came out on top. ABC second with "FlashForward" (5.1 million, 1.4) flunking, "Grey's Anatomy" (9.8 million, 3.5) tying "Survivor" as the top-rated show and "Private Practice" (7.8 million, 2.7) being edged out by "CSI" at 10 p.m. All the ABC shows were Thursday series lows.
Fox's lineup was dow -- "Bones" (8.4 million, 2.4) fell 29% and the heavily promoted return of "Fringe" (6 million, 2.2) dropped 15%.
NBC aired comedy repeats and "The Marriage Ref" (5.3 million, 2.2).
The CW's "Vampire Diaries" (2.8 million, 1.3) was down 19% from its last original and hit a series low, followed by "Supernatural" (2.4 million, 1.1).
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 'Bachelorette' Runner Up Confronts Andi Dorfman About Their Intimate Night & It Got Awkward
- Hawaii Five-0's Scott Caan & Girlfriend Kacy Byxbee Welcome Baby Girl Josie!
- Ariana Grande Reveals She's Fallen Out of Touch With her Father in 'Seventeen'
- Kellan Lutz Gets Cozy With Mystery Brunette at Dave & Buster's