Thursday shows slump as 'Fringe' returns
CBS' experiment with flipping "The Mentalist" and "CSI" resulted in a draw, with both shows pulling the same all rating. The network put "Mentalist" (13.9 million viewers, 2.8 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) into 9 p.m. and "CSI" (13.2 million, 2.8) at 10 p.m. and the crime dramas both hit all-time lows despite a strong lead-in from "Survivor" (11.1 million, 3.5).
The CBS result could suggest the network had the order right the first time, or other factors could be at play since last night's ratings were so disappointing for all the networks.
CBS came out on top. ABC second with "FlashForward" (5.1 million, 1.4) flunking, "Grey's Anatomy" (9.8 million, 3.5) tying "Survivor" as the top-rated show and "Private Practice" (7.8 million, 2.7) being edged out by "CSI" at 10 p.m. All the ABC shows were Thursday series lows.
Fox's lineup was dow -- "Bones" (8.4 million, 2.4) fell 29% and the heavily promoted return of "Fringe" (6 million, 2.2) dropped 15%.
NBC aired comedy repeats and "The Marriage Ref" (5.3 million, 2.2).
The CW's "Vampire Diaries" (2.8 million, 1.3) was down 19% from its last original and hit a series low, followed by "Supernatural" (2.4 million, 1.1).
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!