Toni Braxton Lands WE tv Reality Show
The net is also set to bow its own version of “The Cake Boss” called “Staten Island Cakes.”
R&B singer Toni Braxton is the latest former music star to get a reality show.
WE tv will follow Braxton, her mom and her four sisters (all aspiring singers, natch) in Braxton Family Values. The first of 10 episodes bows April 12. Series is produced by Magical Elves; executive produced for WE by John Miller and Annabelle McDonald.
The female-targeted net will also bow its own version of Cake Boss, TLC’s popular show that kick-started the bake shop reality trend. Staten Island Cakes follows 21-year-old Vinny Buzzetta, the colorful proprietor of the family-run The Cake Artist. The docuseries, which premieres June 21, is from Nancy Glass Productions; Miller and McDonald ep for WE.
“WE tv’s programming showcases the wild ride of relationships during life’s defining moments,” Kim Martin, president and general manager, WE tv and Wedding Central, said in a statement.
Additionally, the network announced a refreshed tagline: Life as WE Know It.
“As women, we share a connection and a sense of community based on similar life experiences and situations,” explained Martin. “It’s that particular point of view that defines ‘life as WE know it.’ ”
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot in TV
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!