Toni Braxton Lands WE tv Reality Show
The net is also set to bow its own version of “The Cake Boss” called “Staten Island Cakes.”
R&B singer Toni Braxton is the latest former music star to get a reality show.
WE tv will follow Braxton, her mom and her four sisters (all aspiring singers, natch) in Braxton Family Values. The first of 10 episodes bows April 12. Series is produced by Magical Elves; executive produced for WE by John Miller and Annabelle McDonald.
The female-targeted net will also bow its own version of Cake Boss, TLC’s popular show that kick-started the bake shop reality trend. Staten Island Cakes follows 21-year-old Vinny Buzzetta, the colorful proprietor of the family-run The Cake Artist. The docuseries, which premieres June 21, is from Nancy Glass Productions; Miller and McDonald ep for WE.
“WE tv’s programming showcases the wild ride of relationships during life’s defining moments,” Kim Martin, president and general manager, WE tv and Wedding Central, said in a statement.
Additionally, the network announced a refreshed tagline: Life as WE Know It.
“As women, we share a connection and a sense of community based on similar life experiences and situations,” explained Martin. “It’s that particular point of view that defines ‘life as WE know it.’ ”
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot in TV
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014