Toni Braxton Lands WE tv Reality Show
The net is also set to bow its own version of “The Cake Boss” called “Staten Island Cakes.”
R&B singer Toni Braxton is the latest former music star to get a reality show.
WE tv will follow Braxton, her mom and her four sisters (all aspiring singers, natch) in Braxton Family Values. The first of 10 episodes bows April 12. Series is produced by Magical Elves; executive produced for WE by John Miller and Annabelle McDonald.
The female-targeted net will also bow its own version of Cake Boss, TLC’s popular show that kick-started the bake shop reality trend. Staten Island Cakes follows 21-year-old Vinny Buzzetta, the colorful proprietor of the family-run The Cake Artist. The docuseries, which premieres June 21, is from Nancy Glass Productions; Miller and McDonald ep for WE.
“WE tv’s programming showcases the wild ride of relationships during life’s defining moments,” Kim Martin, president and general manager, WE tv and Wedding Central, said in a statement.
Additionally, the network announced a refreshed tagline: Life as WE Know It.
“As women, we share a connection and a sense of community based on similar life experiences and situations,” explained Martin. “It’s that particular point of view that defines ‘life as WE know it.’ ”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR